
Professional Counter-Strike player Vito ‘kNgV’ Giuseppe has joined Brazilian powerhouse MIBR, explaining why he’s considering it a “second chance”.
MIBR’s newest signing confirmed he had completed the move on Twitter on Thursday, September 5, replacing benched superstar Marcelo ‘coldzera’ David.
As reported by Dexerto in July, MIBR had been chasing INTZ’s top player for some time. The organization was just waiting on their potential new signing acquiring a US P-1 visa, after his last stint on Immortals saw him refused entry due to only holding a tourist visa.
kNgV has made the move from INTZ to MIBR.
Now kNgV believes he is being given a second chance with the organization he first succeeded with in 2017, due to Immortals Gaming Club acquiring the MIBR brand from Paul Velloso last year.
- Read more: Stewie’s account hacked during playoffs
“Today I become part of a great team, and probably the most popular one in the whole world, with a long history and with players who probably and literally won everything in CSGO,” he said. “I am very excited for this new phase in my life.”
After finishing runners-up with Immortals at the PGL Major in Kraków in 2017, Giuseppe said he believes he has unfinished business with the organization governing MIBR, and is aiming to go one step further than he did in his first stint.
“I want to thank IGC and MIBR for giving me this second chance. I know I have failed a lot in the past, but I believe everyone always deserves a second chance in life, and this is mine. For this organization, I will finish what I’ve started two years ago,” he said.
Related
kNgV last played for Immortals in 2017.
After leaving Immortals, kNgV joined the ill-fated 100 Thieves roster that was released without playing a game. He then had stints with rosters like Virtue Gaming and NoTag, before being signed by INTZ in late 2018.
- Read more: SPUNJ celebrates after Renegades upset
After a rocky road between his second-place finish at the Kraków Major and joining MIBR, the 26-year-old said he’s fully aware of how much a place on the leading Brazillian team means: “I have the consciousness that I am where any other Brazillian player would like to be. I fought and worked really hard to be here.”
kNgV is expected to play his first tournament with his new roster at BLAST Pro Series Moscow on September 13-14. The team has been playing together since INTZ were eliminated from the Berlin Major’s New Challengers Stage without a win.
Here is his full Twitter announcement post from September 5:
Hi everyone,
- I’d like to share something with all of you. With those who are with me on my long and hard, but happy journey.